Free School Meals
Your child, or children, may qualify for free school meals if you are on a low income and receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided you do not receive Working Tax Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance - Income-related ESA (IR)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (NASS)
All you have to do is complete the form below and return it to us with proof of your benefit.
What proof of benefit do I need to provide?
When you apply, we will need to see evidence that you are currently receiving one of the qualifying benefits, as well as proof that you receive Child Benefit for all the children for whom you are claiming. Please provide original documents where possible. We will photocopy these while you wait and return them to you immediately.
Even if your child does not want to take a free school meal, you should still apply, if eligible, as the school will receive funding which will benefit them and the school.